Friday, October 7, 2011

You guys are amazing. Thank you.

It's been less than a week since I sent out my request for support for my Race Against Cancer and the response has been incredible! Per my website, I'm $63.80 away from $1000 in total donations, but including the checks I've received I'm actually $163.80 away from $1500, my half way point!

Thank you so much for your support, generosity and stories - you are all making sure that I never run alone. Every one of your stories and connections with the fight against cancer is with me when I run and helps push me both through the training for these races and, on Sunday, will get me to the finish line.

I know I can't equate Steve Jobs and my brother, but when the news that the world had lost Apple's visionary to pancreatic cancer 16 years to the day we lost Bri, it wasn't hard to think about the potential that is lost with these way too early deaths....and wonder about what Brian would have had on his iPod. Definitely a little Jimmy Hendrix, U2, and Pink Floyd. Any other songs out there that bring back smiles at the thought of someone who has fought against cancer or are your "fight" and "get your butt moving" songs? Send those titles along and I'll add them to the BAA Half list. I probably won't listen to them during the race, unless I'm desperate, but I will on the trip down and as I wait for the race to start!

Thank you again and again for all of your support!
All the best,
Kerry

http://www.rundanafarber.org/baahalf2011/rowgirlgoesrunning

No comments: