Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No more hockey, no more FUN!

Sigh. The worst part about marathon training is the lack of FUN sometimes. 'Cause...

You can't fall down.
You can't tweak your knee, hip, ankle, back....
You can't aggravate old muscles, already tired.

I played hockey on Sun - nothing crazy, just passing the puck to 4-5yos, so they could line themselves up for the goal shot or chase a puck across ice sparkling in February sunshine, but one thing leads to the other and suddenly you're dodging little bodies, back and forth, left and right, and lining yourself up for your own shot. Goal!

Nope, I didn't fall, didn't make a misstep, but I did push the connective tissue on the right side of my left knee just a wee bit too far.

It hurts. It's hurt for 2 days now.
Getting better, for sure, but I'm hesitant about running on it and won't for another day, I think.

And the decision has been made:
I'm going to be BORING until April 22nd.

1 comment:

Scott & Phoebe said...

Boring is good! Boring is safe! Be boring with me!! Hang tough, BAMR!