Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy week

We had a pretty decent training week considering various travels (NYC for Nate, NH for Bryn and I), colds, various stomach ills, teeth (Bryn now has all her eye teeth and the last set of molars are making themselves known), and the usual busy work schedule. I got out for three runs and one long (2 hours!) walk pushing Bryn. I managed my long run today without any real foot pain and I think with some good stretching this afternoon should end up in pretty good shape. I only ended up doing 12 miles - there were definitely a few more in me, but I decided that increasing my long run mileage in a week by 50% was good enough! Based off of a very rough estimate of time I think I was doing 10 minute miles too....a great pace for our hilly road.

It's funny, I was going to run the long run in Durham, but for various reasons it didn't happen, one of which was I just felt blah on the roads, especially compared to today here in VT. I wonder if the flatness had something to do with it....if I don't get that first one and half mile hill for a warm up then the rest is just blown? Oh dear....hopefully the 20 miler at the end of the month will help change that.

Pacing is another concern...my pace clock is totally messed up when I start nearly every run with this hill, it slows me down, but then I feel so good I start to push it a bit for the next few miles. Sigh. I've got to take a look at some of those pacing charts and work out a plan for the 20 miles and from there do the same for Boston...taking into account all the stops for hugs and high fives, of course! :-)

No comments: