Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So it begins...

Well, it actually began on Friday when I got my acceptance letter from the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge director welcoming me on the 2009 team, continued through the weekend on my first two runs, and solidified itself with a red tailed hawk fly-by as I came down the hill on Sunday's run...I'm training for the 2009 Boston Marathon, my first marathon, and raising as much money as I can for the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Here's the email:

Greetings from the DFMC office,

We are pleased to tell you that you have been accepted to the DFMC 2009 team! Your official acceptance e-mail with additional information will be arriving in the next few days.

Congratulations and many thanks for your enthusiastic participation!

Kind regards,

So the truth is that at the time I got this I was totally torn...I desperately wanted to jump up and cheer, tell everyone about it, but I was also in the midst of a slight pregnancy scare and having visions of an 8 month pregnant Kerry waddling up Heartbreak Hill...that was not going to happen! Thank goodness it isn't - test was neg on Sunday and I went out for my first "long" run...4 miles...oh boy, do I have a ways to go!

Enough for tonight, getting peeps from the support team (DH, DD, and Hailey-dog) and have to get lunch ready for the morning so I can erg.

No comments: